WHERE WE'VE BEEN...
Zwald Transport, Inc. was born in 1979 (then known as Ken Zwald Trucking) with one milk truck, Unit 1, "Dire Straits" hauling milk from Tillamook County dairies to the Tillamook County Creamery Association. We have grown since then, and now support over 20 local families. We are proud of our agricultural roots, and strive to promote that industry whenever possible.
The Zwald Inc. Timeline:
- 1979 - Ken Zwald Trucking was started.
- Mid 1990's - Zwald Inc. branched out into "pit cleaning" (removing grit, sand, etc. from underground manure storage tanks) and custom manure hauling with the
- 1999 - We started our Long Haul division, hauling cheese to Southern California and Arizona.
- 2001 - We added the
sewer line cleaning, inspection and videotaping, and the Permaliner "No-Dig" sewer repair division.
- 2003 - Zwald became the contract hauler for the Port of Tillamook Bay Hooley Methane Digester project, and in that same year we earned our freight broker's license and opened Zwald Transport Logistics, Inc., and the brokerage office.
- 2006 - January of 2006 saw Zwald Transport purchase Oceanside Sanitary Service, and become the "Garbage Man" for Oceanside,
- 2007 - In October of 2007 Zwald Inc. earned the Small Water System Operator certification and we now operate and maintain Pleasant Valley Water Company, Long Prairie Water District and Kilchis Water District.
DeVries (left), and Ken's dad Walter
Zwald (third from left), on the Tillamook County
Creamery bowling team in April, 1961.
on his Shetland pony, Prince in front of Zwald's
Jersey Farm, now known as Blue Heron French Cheese.